Before we were rudely interrupted by a pandemic, I ran a campaign asking British Jews to put forward names of those who they feel are standing by them in the fight we face against rising antisemitism. They also donated, to honour those fighting with trees being planted in Israel in their names. Forty trees in total have been planted and this week a certificate has been sent to those named here (and some unnamed).
The JNF certificate they received carried this message:
A mature tree has been planted in an urban forest in the Negev, (in your name) bringing life into desert towns in recognition of your bravery and strong stance in fighting antisemitism in the United Kingdom.
You are a true friend of the Jewish people.
Donated by and sent with best wishes from
the Jewish Community in the UK
The fight has a cost
A few other important points:
- This is not a list I drew up – but one that reflects the wishes of those who supported the campaign. No list could be complete but as someone who has been on the front line – I recognise each and every one of those mentioned. Much of the activity can take place behind the scenes and some have paid a very heavy price indeed for their solidarity.
- Secondly, this is recognition with a present tense. This is about honouring fighters in the field of a battle still being fought.
- No list of this type could be complete. For those who you think have been missed (and we all know some have) – you can still honour them in the same fashion. If you feel a non-Jewish voice has been empowering you, strengthening you, standing by you – then you can go to the JNF page – donate £50 – and plant a tree in their name. If you want to use the same message as the one I sent out – just put a note saying ‘same as David Collier’s‘ in the message box. Don’t forget to also write the name of the person you wish to honour in this way. If you do not want to do this yourself, use the donate buttons below, send the funds along with the instruction – and I will take care of it.
I can tell you from the emotional response of several of those who have received certificates, this gift is seen as a special one that is truly appreciated by the recipient.
These heroes had trees planted in Israel
The twenty-five included here have all had trees planted in Israel in their name and come from a wide range of backgrounds and from across the UK. Some stood up in their CLPs and became key fighters behind groups such as LAAS. There are some of our Muslim and Christian friends who bravely speak out against hatred of Jews. There are a few politicians who stood by us as Labour imploded and paid a very real price for their stance, along with authors, actors, and journalists who have gone above and beyond what could be expected of them. Others just saw what was going on and bravely chose to stand alongside us. All of these people deserve the recognition given to them:
- Noor Dahri
- Theo Usherwood (LBC)
- Emma Feltham (LAAS)
- Euan Phillips (LAAS)
- Frances Weetman
- Frances Barber
- Richard Kemp
- Heidi Bachram
- Zoe Kemp
- Denny Taylor (LAAS)
- Warren Morgan (Former Brighton Councillor)
- Mark Pickles
- Luke Akehurst
- Michael McCann (IBA)
- Fiyaz Mughal (Muslims against Antisemitism)
- Des Starritt (CUFI – UK)
- Alastair Kirk (CUFI – UK)
- Joan Ryan (former MP)
- Dan Hodges (Mail on Sunday)
- Eddie Marsan (Actor)
- David Elms (ICEJ -UK)
- Mike Fryer (Pastor -Father’s House Sabbath Congregation)
- Eric Pickles (Rt Hon Lord Pickles)
- Joanne (J.K) Rowling
- Nick Ferrari (LBC)
The unnamed heroes had trees planted too
Standing with Jewish people has a personal cost and as we have seen this can be very high. Over the years I have seen our non-Jewish allies face incredible abuse, lose their jobs, friends and be smeared in the most awful ways. For this reason not all can be named. As an example – one who received a ceritifcate has received warnings at work about their online activity and are unable to further risk their job by being mentioned. Others have been ostracised by family and friends. Where possible certificates have been sent out to these people – so they know that we appreciate all that they have done to stand alongside us.
Support this research
We have to fight back against the spread of antisemitism and rising radical Islamism. I engage in forensic research, much of it undercover – it is unique, hard-hitting and it goes wherever it needs to. But this research also depends on community support. The results speak for themselves and for seven years I have been exposing hate and creating headlines.
I battle back against those who seek to revise history and expose antisemitism. I fight when others don’t. Please help If you can, please consider making a donation. Your help makes it all possible.
You can make one-off or regular PayPal donations using the donate button below.
Or by using my Paypal.,me account.
If you wish to provide regular monthly support outside of PayPal you can also do this via my Patreon page
Every contribution is truly appreciated